Severn Trent Green Power and the former Agrivert Group are proud to have received many awards and accreditations including "Recycling Business of the Year (2017)" and "Best UK Food Waste AD Plant" for 3 consecutive years. These are testament to our commitment to sound environmental practice, safe operations, attention to detail and enviable site performance.
We have won acclaim and approval from our peers, fellow industry members and representing organisations and have been assessed against internationally recognised criteria to gain our ISO standards.
This offers our customers complete confidence in our competence and performance capability and demonstrates that we operate to the highest standards of quality and service.
We are proud to be the only organics and AD operator in the UK to hold both BSI Standards; PAS100 and PAS 110, certifying the high quality of all of our bio-fertiliser outputs (learn more about our Digestate and Biofertilisers here).
We are delighted to have received many awards in the life span of both Severn Trent Green Power and Agrivert. These include "Best AD plant of the year" (2 years in a row), "Best AD team of the year" and "Recycling Business of the year".
Here are a few examples:
- Best R&D Innovation Award (Derby AD Facility) - Highly commended 2019, ADBA
- Best Biogas Plant equal to or above 1MWe-equivalent (North London AD Facility) - Highly commended 2019, ADBA
- Best Food Waste AD Plant (North London AD Facility) 2018, ADBA
- Recycling Business of the Year 2017, Lets Recycle Awards for Excellence in Recycling & Waste Management
- Best Food Waste AD Plant 2016 (West London AD Facility), ADBA
- AD Team of the year 2016, ADBA
- Silver achievement award, RoSPA - Occupational Health and Safety Award
- Best Merchant waste AD project or plant 2015, ADBA
- The catalyst corporate finance Waste and resources Fast 50, CIWM Sustainable Resource Awards
- Best community involvement 2012, ADBA
- West Oxfordshire Business Awards
We are ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 certificated.
Severn Trent Green Power comprises of a group of 14 different companies, some of which were formerly known as Agrivert (a business that we acquired in 2018 - see the full story here).
Since Agrivert Group Ltd has only recently been merged into the Severn Trent Green Power family, we currently have 2 different sets of ISO certifications; one for our Northern most facilities and another for our Southern and Welsh facilities (the former Agrivert food waste & composting facility network).
Both operate comprehensive Business Management Systems. These sound frameworks ensure a consistent and uniform approach across all elements of each of the companies, underpinning our best-in-class operating approach.
All of our sites are regularly audited by internal and external auditors to ensure we are consistently in compliance with these standards.
Here is a little more information on each of the certifications we hold:
1. Severn Trent Green Power Ltd ISO 14001 accreditation and scope:
Severn Trent Green Power Ltd has interests in generating renewable energy from crop digestion, food waste digestion, hydro-electric, solar and wind power. The scope of the formal environmental management system (EMS) shall be at the specified sites below, driven by the Strategic, Environmental & Improvement objectives and compliance obligations.
Storage, reception and anaerobic digestion of energy crop; the dewatering of the resultant digestate products. And the production of electricity from the resulting biogas and/or the export of bio-methane to the grid from the above process.
2. Severn Trent Green Power Group Ltd (formerly Agrivert Group Ltd.) ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 certification and scope:
Severn Trent Green Power Group Ltd and its subsidiaries has interests in generating renewable energy from food waste digestion and recycling green waste via various composting facilities. The scope of the formal business management system (BMS) covers the entire group of companies including its operational plants and Head Office driven by the Strategic, Environmental & Improvement objectives and compliance obligations.
- Wallingford Food Waste AD facility
- Cassington Food Waste AD facility
- North London Food Waste AD facility
- West London Food Waste AD facility
- South Wales Food Waste AD facility
- Ardely IVC facility
- Hinton composting site
- South Mimms IVC facility
- Wallingford composting site
- ST Green Power Group Head Office:
Our various ISO certificates and our environmental policies are available for download here: