The Derby AD plant is the newest of Severn Trent Green Power's facilities, commissioned in January 2019. It can process up to 50,000 tonnes a year of household and commercial food wastes, which includes packaged and unpackaged goods. The plant produces biomethane which is injected in to the gas grid and an excellent bio-fertiliser which is spread to land.
- Learn about Anaerobic digestion here
- Learn more about our food waste recycling service here
- Or Contact us to discuss recycling a specific waste stream
All of our AD facilities are approved to process category 3 animal by-products enabling them to accept a wide variety of food wastes.
At present (during commissioning) we can recycle:
- Production wastes from the manufacture of food and beverages; both solids and liquids
- Packaged food waste such as surplus, spoiled or off-spec stock, out of date products, stock clearances, factory breakdowns or QC failed products
- Food collected on trade waste collection rounds
- Restaurant and catering wastes
- Bakery and bread products
- Domestic, kerbside collected food waste
- Liquids and very wet wastes such as compost leachate, alcohols, fats and oils